First Year Work


As I am getting work ready for my thesis exhibition, I was looking through work, that I made last year (2010-2011), in grad school, and decided to add some photos of that work to my website. When I came into grad school I was interested in blood cells. I was thinking a lot about how we are made up of blood, and about all we do to contain that blood in our bodies. I began thinking about bringing that blood to the outside as a visual element. The idea of blood cells spilling off of us. This was the last piece I made right before grad school.




Then when arriving at New Paltz we had 10 days to make 10 pieces, so continuing my thinking about blood cells, but moving into also thinking about the vascular system, I created this ring and this brooch. 





These explorations in my first year, later transitioned into a broader thinking about systems, which inspired my thesis work. You can see more of the pieces that I made last year on my website


0 comments:

Post a Comment