Calligraphy Pages


Today I created these printable Copperplate practice sheets based on the measurements in Eleanor Winters' Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual. There are two sheet that you can print out and use. One that is a full size 8.5 x 11" portrait, and the other is a landscape with two practice pages. The latter is meant to be double side printed and folded in half to make a practice book for those bookbinder/calligraphers out there. Yes I know, the grain will run perpendicular to the fold, but I'm a rule breaker like that.

You can download the .pdf for the portrait file or the landscape file.

Please let me know what you think. I would also welcome feedback from you pros. Do these seem like good practice layout sheets?


Wait, here's a disclaimer on that – I welcome feedback unless it's some weird picky thing like, "When I print it on my printer at home it doesn't print right, but on my work printer it's fine," because I can't help you with that one. I have to put these disclaimers out there because, having come of age in the punk rock/diy scene, the parochial school crowd often times balks at my "get 'er done" methodology.

Otherwise, download and enjoy. If I'm off on my layout, let me know.


0 comments:

Post a Comment